[Bio-www] BPROM question

Melissa Beth Duhaime via bio-www%40net.bio.net (by mduhaime from mpi-bremen.de)
Tue Feb 3 10:30:09 EST 2009

Dear Victor (or whomever may be at the other end of this email...),
Thanks for the great software at softberry :)
I have been exploring BPROM to predict promoters 150 bp upstream of
various predicted ORFs, but I have a question I still cannot resolve.
Can you give me any advice, or where to look, to determine an acceptable
linear discriminant function threshold by which I should consider the
predicted promoters true positives? Is there an accepted norm for BPROM
or the application of linear discrimination here?

Thanks very much for your help!

Cheers,
Melissa Duhaime