[Bio-www] Toy company about Evolution for Kids

Lawrence Goodman via bio-www%40net.bio.net (by goodman.lawrence from gmail.com)
Wed Jun 3 14:17:15 EST 2009

Forgive the intrusion, but I am writing to let the scientific and
educational communities know about a new toy company dedicated to
teaching younger kids about evolution, www.charliesplayhouse.com
("Games and Toys Inspired by Darwin"). The first toy is an 18-foot
long timeline that introduces kids to over 60 amazing creatures that
have sprouted up in the last 600 million years.

The company was founded because there are literally no toys out there
focusing on evolution even though the market is replete with toys
about chemistry, physics, astronomy, and virtually any other branch of
science. The big toy companies also shy away from the subject because
of fears of a political backlash from creationists.

Please help me spread the word about this company. It's not easy to be
starting a company right now, but it's especially hard when so many
educators and parents think evolution is a subject little kids can't
handle. Of course, it is, and this company even makes it fun.

www.charliesplayhouse.com

Lawrence Goodman
w- (401) 626-4704
goodman.lawrence from gmail.com