CAG trinucleotide repeat

Peter Rice rice at
Fri Dec 24 16:58:53 EST 1993

In article <16CAF396E.YMMCS023 at TWNMOE10.Edu.TW>, YMMCS023 at TWNMOE10.Edu.TW
> I guess there is a chance inheritable psychiatric diseases are caused by trinuc
> leotide repeat expansion. Will I be right?

If Huntingdon's Chorea or Fragile X Syndrome count as psychiatric disorders,
then you are right already.

(Or perhaps it takes a dinucleotide repeat to make someone truly GAGA :-)

 Peter Rice, EMBL                             | Post: Computer Group
                                              |       European Molecular
 Internet:    Peter.Rice at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE   |            Biology Laboratory
                                              |       Postfach 10-2209
 Phone:   +49-6221-387247                     |       69012 Heidelberg
 Fax:     +49-6221-387306                     |       Germany