Salk Genome results available via WAIS and Gopher

Rob Harper harper at
Thu Jul 1 03:46:00 EST 1993

In <9307010113.AA16349 at> CLARK at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU
(Steve Clark) writes:

>	Special thanks to Harry Mangalam at the Salk for implementing WAIS
>on our SGI, and to Dan Jacobson for pointing his GDB Gopher server at this
>WAIS database. Other Gopher server administrators are welcome to
>incorporate this WAIS database in their Gopher server if they like.
>Questions and comments regarding the contents of the database are welcome
>and should be directed to me.

	I searched the directory-of-servers.src for "salk and harry" but
	could not come up with any .src  Has your WAIS .src been registered

	Would it be possible to have a copy of the .src posted here so that
	gopher admins could incorporate it straight into their directories.

	Thanks in advance

 Rob Harper                        E-mail:          harper at
 Center for Scientific Computing   Molbio/software: harper at
 Tietotie 6, P.O. Box 405          Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
 SF-02101 Espoo Finland            Fax:             +358 0 457 2302