Welcome to BIOCHROM

Bruce Roe BROE at AARDVARK.UCS.UOKNOR.EDU
Tue May 25 06:53:00 EST 1993

        Welcome to the CHROMOSOMES news group.  Both of us are
glad David finally got rid of the hyphen in bio-chrom and all
is working.  Our appologies for all the testing but .......

        To post messages to the bionet.genome.chromosomes
UseNet News Group via e-mail use the following address depending
on your location:

  biochrom at daresbury.ac.uk from Europe, Africa, and Central Asia
  biochrom at net.bio.net from Americas and the Pacific Rim

Or read, reply, post, etc via a UseNet News Reader program.

        As stated in our charter, included below, the purpose of
this news group is to discuss topics related to Mapping and
Sequencing Eucaryote Chromosomes.  Both of us hope this will
be a useful news group and serve as a mechanism for rapid
communication for the genome community.  We look forward to
your questions, responses and discussions.

Charter for bionet.genome.chromosomes
-------------------------------------

Name:  biochrom   MAPPING AND SEQUENCING OF EUCARYOTE CHROMOSOMES
Discussion Leaders: Greg Lennon and Bruce Roe

	The topics open for discussion include:

  1. Physical mapping of human, mouse and other eucaryote chromosomes
  2. Large-scale sequencing of cDNAs and chromosomes
  3. Mapping of human, mouse and other eucaryote cDNAs to chromosomes
  4. Selection of chromosome-specific cDNAs
  5. Generation of chromosome-specific clones, sequences and probes.
     (STSs, microsatellites, etc.)

with an emphasis on theory, techniques and discoveries.  The overall purpose
of this news group is to bring research groups with an interest in genomic-level
research and automated methods for studying eucaryote genomes together to
exchange ideas and protocols, probes and mapping information, and to discuss
other issues relevant to mapping and sequencing eucaryote chromosomes, cDNAs
and genes.

Greg Lennon
Human Genome Center, L-452
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory