What procedure can be used to identify a chromosome location?

R. Wong u9317302 at muss.cis.McMaster.CA
Thu Dec 1 00:16:09 EST 1994

I am working on a project for my genetics class and I am in a bit of a
rut.  This is what I am asked to do:

	Outline a procedure to determine which chromosome carries a
	particular gene (any gene, it doesn't matter).  (eg.  a procedure
	to determine that human chromosome #11 is the location for the
	B-globin gene).

Can anyone out there in internet land help me out on this one?

P.S.  It would be even better if someone could name an article in a
journal where I could find an example of such a procedure.  (The article
does not have to be confined to human chromosome locations.)

Thanks in advance.

Rob.