RARE technique; Rec-A mediated chromosome cleavage

Peter Myler mylerpj at u.washington.edu
Fri Dec 2 15:06:22 EST 1994

On 1 Dec 1994, John J Weiland wrote:

> Can someone please post or mail me a reference for the use of RecA in the
> blocking of methylation sites on DNA?  I think the technique is
> called RARE, and was mentioned in the recent Promega Notes with
> regard to their Rec A product.  Thanks in advance!
>
> John Weiland		jweiland at badlands.nodak.edu

I believe the reference is:

Ferrin, L.J. and Camerini-Otero, R.D. (1991) Selective cleavage
of human DNA: RecA-assisted restriction enzyme (RARE) cleavage. Science.
254:1494-1497.

Regards

Peter
Peter J. Myler                                 phone: (206) 284-8846x332
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute          FAX: (206) 284-0313
4 Nickerson Street                             e-mail: MYLERPJ at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Seattle, WA  98109-1651