Autoseq news

Bruce Roe BROE at AARDVARK.UCS.UOKNOR.EDU
Sat Dec 17 08:39:30 EST 1994

 You write:
=> Dear autosequencers ,
=>
=> 	I am trying to establish if there is any intrest out there in an
=> autosequence newsgroup , solely devoted to helping solve the problem inherent
=> with advancing technologies such as the ones we are involved with . The
=> newsgroup would of course help to form better links between users regardless
=> of which type of machine you use , or wether you run a core facilty or simply
=> use autosequencing to improave your own experiments .

I started one several years ago as an e-mail list that evolved into this
news group.  So this is the place to post these messages and discuss them.

=> 	I feel that we need to concentrate our resourses and be able to take
=> part in informative discussions without having to sift through the number of
=> other diverse messages that go to a newsgroup such as this .

The Biochrom news group does not have that many messages to sift through so
go ahead and use this news group for discussing the topics you mention.

=> 	Topic that i have in mind include comparisons of template preperation
=> , techniques for sequencing through difficult templates and input into how
=> users are finding the new advances in robotic assistance .
=> 	If you support my call for a dedicated newsgroup please email me at :
=>
=> 	cain at icr.ac.uk
=>
=> 	If there is sufficient support we can go ahead so please bring this
=> to the attention of other intrested parties that you know and whom may not be
=> a member of this newsgroup .
=> 	Thankyou for your co-operation and have a great Xmas ,
=>
=> 	David Cain
=> 	Automated DNA sequencing facility
=> 	Institute of cancer research
=> 	London

This is the news group to use, it already exists, tell everyone and go for
it.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.