Autoseq news

Lawrence Washington lwashing at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Mon Dec 19 12:59:21 EST 1994

In article <01HKQQ498QUQ0006O7 at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu>,
BROE at AARDVARK.UCS.UOKNOR.EDU (Bruce Roe) wrote:

>  You write:
> => Dear autosequencers ,
> =>
> =>      I am trying to establish if there is any intrest out there in an
> => autosequence newsgroup

> I started one several years ago as an e-mail list that evolved into this
> news group.  So this is the place to post these messages and discuss them.
>
> This is the news group to use, it already exists, tell everyone and go for
> it.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
>
>   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>  \  Bruce A. Roe               Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry /
>  /  University of Oklahoma     INTERNET: BROE at uoknor.edu               \
>   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - -

   And yet most of the autosequencing postings seem to go to
bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts rather than to here.  Maybe the phrase
"genome.chromosomes" does not sufficiently connote automated sequencing.
I know it took me a while to discover it, and I do automated sequencing
and read the newsgroups regularly.
   Here's an idea.  If we do not want to create a whole new group, how
about changing the name of bionet.genome.chromosomes to include
autosequencing?  Otherwise I expect that many users will continue to post
to bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts because that title sounds more
appropriate. Just a thought.

Lawrence Washington
Indiana Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology

--
Lawrence Washington
Indiana University