ABI Taq Pol sequencing reactions

Mike Morris mike at medsun.unige.ch
Mon Dec 19 07:21:10 EST 1994

  For our ABI373 sequencer, we currently go through the following
protocol, which gives good consistent results:

	miniprep plasmids
	measure OD
	sequence (Taq Pol, dye primers)
	ethanol wash

  The slowest part, and the bottleneck of the whole protocol, is the
extraction/precipitation, which seriously limits our throughput.

  Could anybody give us tried-and-tested protocols for speeding this
up? Even if the cost goes up (I have wondered about spin columns),
the increase in throughput would make this worthwhile.

  Thanks in advance,
	Mike Morris
Division of Medical Genetics       tel (Switzerland) (22) 702.56.94
CMU, University of Geneva          fax (Switzerland) (22) 702.57.06
Geneva, Switzerland                email mike at medsun.unige.ch