Robertsonian Translocation

Navin Patel npatel at
Wed Jun 8 09:52:36 EST 1994

Due to triple test referral, my friend had an amniocentesis done.

The investigation showed that a large metacentric chromosome present,
this is due to centric fusion between a no. 14 and a no. 15 chromosome
(45,XY,-14,-15,+t(14q15q), this chromosome is present in the father.
Therefore the baby is the carrier of a "Familial Robertsonian Translocation".

Other known facts

My friend has suffered multiple miscarriages.

I would like information on above metioned result, ie impact, effect etc.