Announcement: Chromosome 17 database

Jaime Prilusky lsprilus at weizmann.weizmann.ac.il
Fri Mar 18 05:22:32 EST 1994

Announcement: Chromosome 17 database

The Genome Center at the Weizmann Institute of Science (WIS) in
Rehovot, Israel, has established a Human Chromosome 17 group. This
includes Prof. Doron Lancet - olfactory receptors (also Head of the
WIS Genome Project - genome-related enquiries may be addressed to him
at BMLANCET at WEIZMANN.WEIZMANN.AC.IL); Profs. Varda Roter and Moshe
Oren - p53; Profs. Yossef Yarden and David Givol - Oncogene Neu; Dr.
Orly Reiner - Miller Dieker Lissencephaly.

As one of our activities, we are currently developing, in
collaboration with Dr. Jaime Prilusky, head of the WIS Bioinformatics
unit, a human Chromosome 17 database, based on the ACEDB (*) software,
that will manage genetic and physical maps.

The database will include the data provided by or taken from the
following databases and data repositories: Chromosome 17 YAC Database,
GDB, OMIM, EMBL, Genethon.

We welcome all collaboration and will appreciate your suggestions in
improving this database, that is going to be placed in the public
domain in the near future. For further information, please contact
Jaime Prilusky (lsprilus at weizmann.weizmann.ac.il)

(*) ACEDB was written and developed by Richard Durbin (MRC LMB
Cambridge, England) and Jean Thierry-Mieg (CNRS, Montpellier, France),
beginning circa 1990. ACEDB allows for automatic cross-referencing of
items during loading and allows for hypertextual navigation of the
links using a graphical user interface and mouse.

 Dr Jaime Prilusky, Head          ! lsprilus at weizmann.weizmann.ac.il
 Bioinformatics Unit              ! lsprilus at bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il
 Dep. of Biological Services      !
 Weizmann Institute of Science    ! fax: 972-8-344113
 76100 Rehovot - Israel           ! tel: 972-8-343456