Stretch problems?

Rick Wilson rwilson at WATSON.WUSTL.EDU
Mon Nov 7 08:48:53 EST 1994

Greetings!

Has anyone experienced any problems with ABI 373A's which have
been modified to the "Stretch" configuration?  This would include
instruments which were modified in the field, as well as those
which shipped from factory.

Specifically, we're interested in:

1) gels which run much faster (e.g. 20-24 watts necessary to keep
spacing between 9 and 12), and

2) an olize green haze on the gel file, with several thick vertical
blue streaks.

We've seen these problems on a few of our instruments, as have several
other labs both here at Wash. U. and across the country.  We're currently
in the process of trying to pin down the reasons for these problems, so
any information you have will be helpful.

Also, has anyone experienced increased breakage with recently purchased/
received glass plates?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rick
Richard K. Wilson, Ph.D.