Stretch problems?

Kevin Clark kclark at immsvr.jr2.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 10 09:00:05 EST 1994

In article <9411071349.AA21394 at watson.wustl.edu>
rwilson at WATSON.WUSTL.EDU (Rick Wilson) writes:

> Greetings!
>
> Has anyone experienced any problems with ABI 373A's which have
> been modified to the "Stretch" configuration?  This would include
> instruments which were modified in the field, as well as those
> which shipped from factory.
>
> Specifically, we're interested in:
>
> 1) gels which run much faster (e.g. 20-24 watts necessary to keep
> spacing between 9 and 12), and
>
> 2) an olize green haze on the gel file, with several thick vertical
> blue streaks.
>
> We've seen these problems on a few of our instruments, as have several
> other labs both here at Wash. U. and across the country.  We're currently
> in the process of trying to pin down the reasons for these problems, so
> any information you have will be helpful.
>
> Also, has anyone experienced increased breakage with recently purchased/
> received glass plates?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Rick
> Richard K. Wilson, Ph.D.
> Genome Sequencing Center
> Washington University School of Medicine
> St. Louis, MO   63108   USA
> (314) 286-1804   rick at geneman.wustl.edu

I don't have a stretch get but I recently go a green haze when my laser
was about to give up and also when, after a service, the carriage had
not been reset properly so the laser was scanning closer to the gel on
one side than the other.

Kevin

\/\    /\/\    /\/\    /\/   kclark at immsvr.jr2.ox.ac.uk
 \/\  /\/\/\  /\/\/\  /\/    Institute of Molecular Medicine,
   \/\/    \/\/    \/\/ I've been here for 5 years and they only
Mac IIci                hung me the right way up yesterday.