Nontraditional Inheritance

Belinda J.F. Rossiter rossiter at
Tue Oct 4 10:23:21 EST 1994

In article <36q2ak$k7r at>, dstone at (David
M. Stone) wrote:

>         I recently received a grant for a teacher update workshop.
> I am interested in having a number of speakers present regarding
> a number of topics. Can anyone tell me specifically which topics
> fit under the "umbrella" of nontraditional inheritance?

How about the phenomenon of trinucleotide repeat expansion leading to
earlier onset and more severe disease as the gene is passed through the
family?  Examples of such diseases include myotonic dystrophy, Huntington
disease, fragile X syndrome, spinocerebellar ataxia type 1, spinal and
bulbar muscular atrophy, dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy, and FRAXE
mental retardation.

Belinda Rossiter
rossiter at