Chromosome Harvesting

Craig Fox buc at pentagon.io.com
Thu Sep 22 21:47:06 EST 1994

Is anyone out there an expert in chromosome harvest?

I have had the hardest time trying to get consistent harvests.  Were I
work we use a Tecan and a special drying chamber, so all of our sections
harvests should be very consistent, but they are not.

I have noticed that I am getting good spreading under the phase scope
but after they are stained the chromosomes are often dark (but not under
banded) chewy, split and I have alot of cyto.  I also get alot of nice
stuff.  If anyone has had similar problems harvesting and has found a
way to get consistently ok to good harvests, please let me know how you
did it.

Thanx
buc