WWW site Biomed - Chromosomes

pvanosta at allserv.rug.ac.be pvanosta at allserv.rug.ac.be
Thu Aug 3 06:29:38 EST 1995

I have created a set of Webpages with pointers to various sites with
information about "Medicine and Molecular Biology" and "Computers and
Biocomputing", etc. , the server where the Webpages reside is located at the
University of Gent in Belgium (Europe).

The URL to start is:

http:// allserv.rug.ac.be/~pvanosta/welcome.html

This brings you to my homepage from where you can choose one of the other
Webpages:

"Homepage"

Good starting points
Search engines
Under the hood
Homepages of some of my friends

 "Medicine"

General Medical information on the Web
Medical Specialties
Marfan Syndrome information
Pharmacological information

"Molecular Biology"

General Molcular Biological information
Information about DNA research
Information about Protein research
Materials and Methods in Molcular biology

 "Computers and Biocomputing"

Links to Biocomputing information on the Web
Webpages with information about Linkage analysis
Information about Linux (cheap and powerful Unix for PC's)
General Computer Information (software and hardware)

"Libraries and Literature"

Links to (Biomedical) libraries
TOC's
Journals
Magazines
Bookstores
Literature on the Web
Publishers

"Countries and Culture"

Travel information
Governmental information
Local information
Art on the Internet

"Everything you always wanted to kow about ..."

Links to other interesting (but mostly less serious sites)
Movies and Television, Recreation, Music, Humor, Astronomy, Astrology, Gastronomy,
Sports, etc.

I hope these Webpages will be useful to help people with finding
information on the Internet. I will keep working on thes Webpages to improve them, adding
links and changing outdated links, but I am doing this in my spare time, so it may take some
days before changes are made.
Information about new and interesting links are welcome of course.

Peter VAN OSTA, MD

Centrum Medische Genetica
Universitair Ziekenhuis Gent (UZG) - 0 K 5
De Pintelaan 185
B-9000 Gent
BELGIUM

tel. +32-9-240 36 03