> 14bp cutter restriction enzyme

rifat_h rifat_h at icr.ac.uk
Fri Dec 1 11:42:32 EST 1995

Hi,

	I am interested in SAGE (Serial Analysis of Gene Expression) Science, Vol. 270,
20 Oct. 1995. SAGE uses two enzymes a short bp cutter called the Anchoring enzyme and
a long bp cutter called the tagging enzyme. However looking at the method it seems that
the longer the tagging enzyme cuts from its recognition site the better for the analysis
so I was wondering anyone know of a restriction enzyme that cuts more than 14bp from its
recognition site, since that was the longest restriction enzyme I could find.

Thanks.

Rifat.

rifat_h at icr.ac.uk