large intron in c.elegans

marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be
Tue Dec 19 20:18:27 EST 1995

Dear Netters,

First of all, I am not at all familiar with the c. elegans genome.

However, I found protein homology between a mammalian cDNA and a c. elegans
cosmid. Now I am wondering wether this is significant. There are already
several open reading frames known in this c. elegans cosmid but they are quiet
small. My cDNA has homology over 40.000 bp of the cosmid, implicating that I
have putative introns of 5000 kb and 20.000 kb. Moreover, this putative c.
elegans cDNA would overspan several characterised c. elegans cDNA's.

Does anyone know wether this would be possible in c.elegans?

Please also reply to my personal e-mail address.

Marc

Marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be