Question on gen. eng. tech.

B gt0619a at acmey.gatech.edu
Sat Dec 16 00:58:58 EST 1995

I have a question about the state of development
of genetic engineering technology.  I am wondering
how long it will be before this technology is developed
to the point that people will be able to go to the
doctor and have their nearsightedness cured or
other inherited disorders eliminated.  Also, how
soon will will it be before people will go to a
geneticist MD to have the equivalent to cosmetic
surgery done on themselves.  Is this even in the
foreseeable future of the technology?

Any comments & responses would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
gt0619a at prism.gatech.edu