Instruments for large-scale PCR

Joe Ecker jecker at ATGENOME.BIO.UPENN.EDU
Thu Jan 12 12:58:16 EST 1995

Dear Colleagues,

We are in need of a reliable system for large-scale PCR (>1000 samples run).
We are currently testing the Intelligent Automation Thermocycler- TC1600
(16 x 192 format). I would appreciate any advice from users of this
instrument as to how they like it.  Our primary use of the machine is
for STS content mapping of YAC/P1 libraries and SSLP typing on recombinant
inbred populations. However, I would be very interested if anyone
has experience using the TC1600 for cycle sequencing.

I would also be interested in hearing from anyone using a robotic cycler
for the above tasks. I've seen a recent review of the Sanger Center
conference on automation that describes several machines. However, I'm
looking for an instrument that is currently available commercially.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Ecker

----- End Included Message -----