Geneticist Position - U. of Lethbridge
bain at hg.uleth.ca
Wed Jan 18 21:01:59 EST 1995
THE UNIVERSITY OF LETHBRIDGE Faculty of Arts and Science Department of
1. TITLE: Applications are invited for a tenure-track appointment in
Genetics at the level of Assistant Professor. The position will commence
1 July 1995 subject to budgetary approval.
2. QUALIFICATIONS: Ph.D. required by the appointment date.
Post-doctoral experience, teaching experience, and evidence of ability to
develop an externally funded research program will be assets.
Researchers in plant population genetics and plant or microbial molecular
genetics are particularly encouraged to apply.
In accordance with Canadian Immigration Regulations, this advertisement
is directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
The University aspires to hire individuals who have demonstrated
potential for excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship. Women
and men are encouraged to apply for these positions.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES: The appointee will be expected to participate in
the undergraduate program, including teaching courses in general and
molecular genetics, and to develop a strong research program.
Opportunities for collaborative research with Agriculture Canada and for
graduate student supervision exist.
4. SALARY (1994-95): Assistant Professor $37,350 minimum per annum.
5. APPLICATIONS: Applicants should submit a letter of application,
including curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, statement of
teaching philosophy, a maximum of three important and/or recent
publications, and names of referees. Arrange for this material and three
letters of recommendation to be sent to
Dr. Gail R. Michener, Chairperson
Department of Biological Sciences
The University of Lethbridge
4401 University Drive
T1K 3M4 -E-mail: Michener at hg.uleth.ca
6. Effective Date: 1 July 1995
7. Closing Date: 28 February 1995
More information about the Biochrom