Seeking Genome Size, Avg. Linker Length...

robs at ksu.ksu.edu robs at ksu.ksu.edu
Mon Jul 3 15:17:39 EST 1995

I am looking for recent references or data on the

  1.) Genome size
  2.) Avg. length of linker segments connecting nucleosomes
  3.) Cell cycle transit times, and
  3.) Nuclear and cell volume

of several species, i.e., E coli B/r, Saccharomyces cerevisiae (yeast),
Neurospora crassa (fungas), Drosophila melanogaster, Lycopersicon esculentum
(tomato), Mus musculus (mouse), and homo sapiens.  I would also be very
interested in a recent summary or review of these data that includes other
species as well.  The best I have been able to do so far is

1.) CRC handbook of Biochemistry: Selected Data for Molecular Biology
    circa 1968, 1970
2.) Cell Biology, ed. P.L. Altman and D.D. Katz, Federation of
    American Societies for Experimental Biology, Bethesda, Maryland
    circa 1976
3.) Cold Spring Harbor Symposia on Quantitative Biology Volume XLII
    (1978).
4.) Plus a couple of misc. articles dating back to the mid to late
    70's and early 80's

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please reply by email, I will
summarize if it seems appropriate.

Rob Stewart
Dept. of Nuclear Engineering
Kansas State University