Flame War/Dave Curtis

David Curtis dcurtis at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Jul 10 04:54:24 EST 1995

Nick Giannoukakis <b2d6 at musicb.mcgill.ca> wrote:

>Tell you what, why don't you come over and watch Graham and I challenge each other over a good
>game of Doom II ?

It's a bit of way for me to come. Can McGill contribute to my travel
expenses? Alternatively would it be possible to set up some kind of
WWW server to display the course of the game in real time? In my
experience there are very few scientific disagreements which are not
best settled mano a mano, though Descent is better for this than Doom
II as it demands the ability to coordinate multiple-modality attacks
while flying backwards in a helix to avoid incoming homing missiles,
all the while taking care not to crash into hot lava.

Dave Curtis (dcurtis at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk)
Institute of Psychiatry, London
http://www.iop.bpmf.ac.uk/home/depts/psychmed/general/dcurtis/dcurtis.htm