WARNING (Was: Genetics/Blood Type)

RLDB mercer at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de
Tue Jul 11 10:20:43 EST 1995

Dear users of this newsgroup,

    1) I know you are only trying to do good
    2) I am not trying to start a flame war
    3) and who am I to tell you how to behave anyway?

... but if I might make a suggestion anyway...

I have been reading this newsgroup for several years, and every so
some layperson writes in to find out more about a medical problem they
have, or which affects someone they know.The first message in this
is a prime example. Please PLEASE be careful how you answer! If your
not a qualified medic, or qualified in patient counselling and are
prepared to continue to support them after you casually drop some
bombshell into their lives, do not answer them! This is not the most
charitable way to behave I know, but this is not a game or an
intellectual excercise. To give an example, this thread might well
have screwed up the lives of some family somewhere.

Please be careful.

If you have to flame me, reply to mercer at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de and

keep it out of the group.