Gene Gating

Nick Giannoukakis b2d6 at musicb.mcgill.ca
Sun Jul 16 18:53:44 EST 1995

Hi there all,

I was just wondering if anyone has read Blobel's gene gating hypothesis paper (see Graham Dellaire's post
for the actual reference). What do you all think about it?

What is interesting is that in 1985, when it was published, Blobel was laughed at. In light of recent
observations which support some aspects of the hypothesis, he may actually get the last laugh. His most
esoteric proposals (and more exciting, I think) remain untested.

I must profess that I am biased in its favor.

                                                                                         Nick.