I would like to propose a news group for recombination.
Perhaps something like bionet.genetics.recombination, to deal
with issues pertaining to the mechanisms and models of
recombination. Also to serve as a forum for professionals
in the field of recombination to provide help to those
researchers who are involved in gene targeting/transgenics
and/or gene therapy projects.
Some other possible topics of discussion include
1. Transcription and recombination (triple helix formation)
2. Replication and recombination
3. Evolution of genome (line-1 and alu's etc alpha satellite DNA)
4. DNA Topolgy and its affect on recombination (supercoiling)
-Z-DNA, cruciform and bent DNA
5. Site directed recombination systems (FLP/CRE invertases etc.)
6. DNA binding proteins and recombination
7. Homologous vs. Nonhomologous recombination
8. DNA repair systems and diseases involving DNA repair and/or
This is just an abbreviated list of topics that do not have a proper forum
for discussion. To often Recombination is just seen as a tool and not
a legitimate area of research in its own right.
According to one "pundit" who posted here there is no need for such a group
I think he is mistaken!