looking for information about the APCR genetic disease
scorteel at resulb.ulb.ac.be
Tue Jul 16 09:08:19 EST 1996
A few weeks ago, we were informed that my wife (28 years old) is affected by a
genetic disease called APCR.
The only information we have about this disease are :
- it is a genetic disease apparently due to the mutation of gene
- it has been recently discovered (2 or 3 years ago)
- it is related to blood coagulation
- The effects are increased if the patient eats food containing a high
concentration in vitamin K
- Due to this disease, my wife has alrealy made 2 pulmonary embolisms
in 1 year.
Can someon provide us with more information about this problem, references
in scientific litterature, known treatments, aso...
Thank you for all your answers.
Stephane Corteel, scorteel at resulb.ulb.ac.be
More information about the Biochrom