Something living on colchicine!

Russell Wrobel szwrobel at dale.ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 23 23:34:21 EST 1996

Dima Klenchin (klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu) wrote:
: In article <4su6qs$a09 at service3.uky.edu>, "Michael W. Thompson" <mthom0 at pop.uky.edu> wrote:
: #                                        I once found something growing in my 4%
: # Sodium Desoxycholate...now don't tell me
: #that's not one NASTY fellow...
:
: I have found some filamentous crap growing in 20% sodium azide!!!
: I would NEVER believe it is possible if I were not 100% sure it was not
: present at a time of preparation (many month ago).
:
: - Dima
:
Did anyone ever throw these mysterious super "organism" under the
microscope to actually see if they were cellular?  I to once was
filamentous stuff in my azide stock but after a brief look in the
microscope I found that it was definately not cellular but was most
likely some kind of precipitate.

Russell