Caltech: lab assistants and a bioinformatician

Dr. Ung-Jin Kim ung at ash.tree.caltech.edu
Mon Mar 11 13:46:06 EST 1996

Genome Research Laboratory at Caltech: Please see our WEB page,
  http://www.tree.caltech.edu

Job 1: We are looking for a few lab assistants

Caltech Genome Resaerch Laboratory is looking for qualified
full time technicians with experiences in laboratory works
involving recombinant DNA procedures. Works will require
skills in colony hybridization, PCR screening of genomic
libraries, DNA preparation, restriction fingerprint analysis,
and more.

Positions are open immediately. College or higher degrees in
Biological sciences or other sciences required. Interested
parties should send cv to Dr. Ung-Jin Kim.
Electronic submissions are welcome.

Job 2: We are looking for a bioinformatician

Caltech Genome Research Laboratory is looking for a full time
informatician to manage and analyze laboratory data, and help
operate robotic workstations. Knowledge and experieince in
handling biological information, especially in the analysis
and management of physcal mapping and DNA sequence data is
essential. We also expect the person to be familiar with Unix
server/workstations and PC/MacIntosh platforms.
Interested parties should send CV to Dr. Ung-Jin Kim.
Electronic submissions are welcome.

We will notify the applicants if an interview is necessary soon
after reviewing their applications.

Ung-Jin Kim, Ph.D.
147-75, Division of Biology,
Caltech, Pasadena,