Caltech: lab assistants and a bioinformatician

Dr. Ung-Jin Kim ung at ash.tree.caltech.edu
Mon Mar 11 20:20:11 EST 1996

Genome Research Laboratory at Caltech: Please see our WEB page,
  http://www.tree.caltech.edu

Job 1: We are looking for a few lab assistants -------

Caltech Genome Resaerch Laboratory is looking for qualified
full time technicians with at least 1 year experience in
laboratory works involving recombinant DNA procedures.
Works will require skills in colony hybridization, PCR
screening of genomic libraries, DNA preparation, restriction
fingerprint analysis, and more.

Positions are open immediately. A college degree in Biological
sciences or other sciences required. Interested parties should
send and salary requirement to Dr. Ung-Jin Kim.
Electronic submissions are welcome.

Job 2: We are looking for a bioinformatician -------

Caltech Genome Research Laboratory is looking for a full time
informatician to manage and analyze laboratory data, and help
operate robotic workstations. Knowledge and experieince in
handling biological information, especially in the analysis
and management of physcal mapping and DNA sequence data is
essential. We also expect the person to be familiar with Unix
server/workstations and PC/MacIntosh platforms.

Interested parties should send CV and salary history to
Dr. Ung-Jin Kim.
Electronic submissions are welcome.

We will notify the applicants if an interview is necessary soon
after reviewing their applications.

Caltech provides employees with excellent work environment and
benefit plans.

Ung-Jin Kim, Ph.D.
147-75, Division of Biology,
Caltech, Pasadena,