Question about eye color

greg at MENDEL.LLNL.GOV greg at MENDEL.LLNL.GOV
Fri Mar 15 15:47:30 EST 1996

This is incorrect. As stated in OMIM, "eye color is likely to
be a polygenic trait. The early view that blue is a simple
recessive has been repeatedly shown to be wrong by observation
of brown-eyed offspring of 2 blue-eyed parents."

To access the OMIM (Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man) database
through the WWW, go to either the current URL:
http://www3.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Omim/
or to the now historic URL:
http://gdbwww.gdb.org/gdb-bin/omim/bin/omimq

Greg Lennon