for a story on mapping the genome

jbhoppin at jbhoppin at
Fri Oct 11 17:14:04 EST 1996

Hello all,

I'm a reporter at San Frnacisco State working on a multimedia story
regarding the science and future implications of mapping the human

I was wondering if someone could put me in touch with some sources
(books, articles, people) to help me understand the process, including
what is being mapped, how it is done, who is doing it, the debate
about patenting, the Human Genome Diversity Project, how this might
change medicine as we know it, how much money is being spent, etc.

Anybody who can put this in layman's terms would be an enormous help.

In advance, thank you.

jbhoppin at