Eukaryotic mRNA Intron/Exon Boundary Consensus Sequences?

DANIEL J. VALE s843382 at its.gu.edu.au
Sun Sep 8 20:06:57 EST 1996

roach at u.washington.edu (Jared Roach) writes:

These marking sequences are called consesus sequences. They are actually
quite a bit longer than two base pairs and the degree of similarity to
the consensus controlls how efficently the gene is expressed. The
actually sequences you could look up in a good 2nd yr genetics text like
'Genetics' by Weaver and Hendrick? (I think thats right but I don't have
it with me at the moment) Various organisms differ in which bases they
use in preference when either would do so I imagine that it would vary among
organisms.