A question from a layman

Mark Phelps MPhelps985 at gnn.com
Thu Sep 19 20:42:55 EST 1996

Scenario:  A family on the way to a funeral.  The young child in
the back seat of the car is able to describe the cemetary; but
she's never been there before, never even been past there before.

Question:  Is it possible for parental genes to contain not only
the seed for the child's memory system, but actual memories
themselves?

Dilemma:  I have no way of testing this theory.  I have no science
background.  (It does seem that this theory is far more provable
than simply calling the above scenario "paranormal" or "psychic
ability".  Even if it is disproven, at least it CAN BE disproven,
unlike "psychic" claims.)

Would someone please take a few minutes and offer some suggestions?
 As you do, remember my lack of scientific experience (in ANY
field).

Thanks

Mark Phelps