IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

Who does chromosome mapping?

NORSIE norsie at aol.com
Fri Sep 27 21:16:50 EST 1996

I was hoping someone would be able to tell me how to go through chromosome
mapping.  I really don't know where to begin.  Any information would be
helpful.  I have a very limited science/biology background. 
(Unfortunately they didn't require science courses in my MBA program)

My husband was told by a doctor in the air force that he should go through
chromosome mapping before having children because he has some unusual
characteristics like drooping eyes and a broad chest.  He is also a
fraternal twin and both children had serious health problems when they
were born.  The doctor said my husband's twin may have an extra
chromosome, leaving my husband with one less.  Does this sound reasonable?

Where can I find more information on this subject?  What kind of a doctor
would do chromosome mapping?  I don't imagine there are too many people in
my situation so I would appreciate any direction on this issue.

Thank you in advance.

More information about the Biochrom mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net