REQ: experience in choosing primers for DyePrimer sequencing

David John Thornley djt at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Apr 18 07:31:46 EST 1997

This question relates strictly to dye primer DNA sequencing.

If you have sequenced a sample and found a high degree of baseline noise,
which disappears when using a different primer, but you do not believe it
was a primer specificity problem, I would be most grateful to know

i) the base sequences of the primers involved
ii) the dye set and polymerase used

I don't need to know the base sequence of the sample, but if the sample files
have been made public, I would be eager to see them.

Yours with thanks in anticipation

Dave Thornley
Imperial College Department of Computing