help - translocation 1 & 8

Esther Buschkens - Ahern ahern at cheerful.com
Tue Aug 12 10:35:03 EST 1997

Hi,
I am trying to find information about the chromosome translocation
(1 ; 8) - breakpoints p 31.1 and q 24.13.  This balanced translocation
runs in my husbands family. My husband and I would like to have a baby
and therefore I would like to know more about this particular
translocation. Our local hospital provided us with general
information, but I like to know this could affect my changes of
getting pregnant and if there is a change to having a baby with an
unbalanced translocation and what this would mean.
I would be most grateful if anyone could let me know where I could
find more information about this.
Thanks,	Esther

Esther Buschkens - Ahern
icoda at club.innet.be