chromosomes

Mathias Holpert s88891 at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Dec 5 14:12:03 EST 1997

On 30 Nov 1997 17:42:20 -0800, linst003 at GOLD.TC.UMN.EDU (Tom
Linstroth) wrote:

>I need a list of common organisms with their number of chromosomes to
>complete a homework assignment. My teacher has asked for 25 different
>organisms. Will some kind person please help direct me to a source of
>reference as everything I have seen on the net is too technical. Thanks
>
>JBL

Now that´s easy. If your teacher has only asked you for different
organisms, simply take bacteria. Find a nice book with commom bacteria
and copy down the names, starting with E. coli and going down the
list. They should all have one chromosome.... :)

Greetings

Mathias