How much of the human genome has been sequenced.

Peter Sterk sterk at venus.ebi.ac.uk
Fri Dec 12 10:23:52 EST 1997

In article <652jf0$fal$1 at nntp3.u.washington.edu>, roach at u.washington.edu (Jared Roach) writes:
>Hello all,
>	I have updated my "How much of the human genome has been sequenced?"
>web page. I calculate that we have sequenced 2.68% of the human genome as
>of November 18, 1997.
>	My page is at:
>http://weber.u.washington.edu/~roach/human_genome_progress2.html
>
>Best Wishes,
>	Jared

Hi Jared,

In collaboration with Stephan Beck from the Sanger Centre
here in the UK, I have created a Genome Monitoring Table
which is automatically updated weekly. For the calculations
the most up-to-date version of the EMBL database is used as
data source. The human data are calculated per chromosome and
it's nice to see where most of the sequencing activity is.
Like you did, HTG sequences are excluded, as a cut-off we
chose 1,000 and 10,000 - I think our end-results are pretty
close. The URL is http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~sterk/genome-MOT/.
A short commentary will appear in Curr. Opinion Biotechnol.
early next year.

Regards,

Peter Sterk