Dr MZ Chowdhury mchowdhu at
Fri Jul 11 10:42:52 EST 1997

Hereditary Pancreatitis is cause by mutation in the third exon of the cationic
trypsinogen gene. Ehrich and group have found another mutation in the second
exon.(Personal communications). They proposed that aetiology chronic pancreatitis
may be due to trysinogen mutation. Fibrocalculus pancreatic diabetes
(FCPD) where chronic pancreatitis and diabetes both occur. Aetiology of this disease not
known. We are trying to exclude trypsinogen gene mutation in FCPD families.
If any one get any new mutatin please let me know.