HELP ON BLOTTING MEGABASE DNA

Dimitri Odorico modmo at jcu.edu.au
Mon Jun 23 22:57:06 EST 1997

Does anyone have a proven protocol for blotting large DNA fragments and
Chromsomes.  I have tried using conventional techniques and the DNA
appeared to transfer, however, DNA probes that such as rDNA probes gave no
signal.  Labelling etc were all fine. Whats going on? Could it be the
immobilised DNA was not adequately denatured or did not bind to the
charged membrane (Amersham Hybond N and N+)?  Please respond to my email
address below, any help would be grately appreciated.

Thanks

Julian Catmull

julian.catmull at jcu.edu.au