CAPS markers won't show heterozygotes

Mike Cooley cooley at waksman.rutgers.edu
Sun Dec 6 00:36:09 EST 1998

Hi, I am doing map-based cloning in Arabidopsis and twice now I have
developed CAPS markers only to find that they will not distinguish the
heterozygotes from one of the parents. Assuming that maybe my "known"
heterozygous individual were not really heterozygous I mixed DNA's from
the two parents to "create" a heterozygous DNA and still it came up
homozygous for one of the parents (it is always the same parent). I do
not understand how this occurs. Any ideas?

--
Dr. Michael Cooley
Waksman Institute

cooley at mbcl.rutgers.edu