any info on Chromosome 6 deletion ?

mignot lab faraco at cmgm.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 22 07:25:02 EST 1998

I'd suspect major problems would ensue for the affected child. You can
check yourself in several ways.  You could go to chromosome 6 of the
human transcript map. I think that is the vicinity of the alpha ketoacid
dehydrogenase E1 beta locus (maple syrup urine disease)  and myoglobin 6
and probably the Myb oncogene for starters. You could also probably see
what's there by checking out the morbid map of the genome. I think each
of these sites (and more) can be accessed through the main NCBI web
site.