Heredity

Bubba Bo Bob Brain bubbabrain at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 15 20:34:54 EST 1998

I have a question for anyone with experience in the field of heredity.  I
recently brought home a barn cat from my uncle's farm.  It looks to me like
a purebred Siamese, or pretty close.  To my uncles knowledge there has never
been so much as one Siamese cat in the barn.  The mother is a plain
short-haired grey cat with black highlights who has never given birth to
anything like this before.  The father is undetermined but is probably a
black short hair wanderer.  Is it possible that this wanderer has recessive
Siamese genes in it's background from an ancestor, and if so how could it so
completely alter the makeup of the kitten when half of it's genes come from
it's mother?  If you have any ideas you can email me at
mcburney at scsinternet.com or post to this newsgroup.  I can also provide a
scanned photo if needed.

-Thanks in advance

Adam McBurney