Preparation of mouse chromosomes for FISH mapping

Lauréane Mittaz Laureane.Mittaz at medecine.unige.ch
Wed Jun 24 10:38:06 EST 1998

Dear bionet readers,

We are trying to map a mouse gene using the FISH technique, but we don't

know how to prepare mouse cells to get good slides of metaphase spreads.

What is the best and easiest way ?????? We tried to culture mouse white
blood cells directly from blood, like it is done for human cells
prepared for FISH, but it
seems that the mouse red blood cells did lysate, and nothing grew
afterwards... It seems that it is possible to prepare slides from a
whole range of different cell types (spleen cells, ES cells,
fibroblasts, etc.), but we haven't found a good and "easy" protocole yet

!

Thanks in advance for all your answers!!!

Laureane Mittaz

Genetique Medicale
CMU
1, Rue Michel-Servet