Human genome draft sequence query

Peter Sterk sterk at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 8 04:02:42 EST 1999

Dear Rifat,

Check the web page of the The EnsEMBL Project, a collaboration between
the EMBL-European Bioinformatic Institute (EBI) and the Sanger Centre.

:Peter

Rifat Hamoudi wrote:

> Dear All,
>                 I heard that a working draft on low depth
> coverage of the human genome sequence will be published on
> March, 2000, which will be followed by the complete human genome
> with no gaps by the year 2003.
>
> Does anyone know where and how the human genome sequence can be
> accessed?
>
> Will there be a single web site where the sequence can be
> accessed from or will each centre have their own bit of sequence?
>
> What kind of format will the sequence be accessible as? I mean
> would it be tagged to PAC or YAC label or would it be tagged as
> chromosome?
>
> Any information on this is appreciated.
>
> ======================================
>
> Rifat Hamoudi,
> Cancer Gene Cloning Centre Manager,
> Haddow Laboratories,
> Institute of Cancer Research,
> 15, Cotswold Road,
> Sutton,
> SM2 5NG.
> Tel   : 0181-643 8901 ext. 4658
> Fax   : 0181-770 7290
> Pager : 07669 801 509
> Email : rifat at icr.ac.uk

> ---

Dr. Peter Sterk                                      Email: sterk at ebi.ac.uk
Genome Project Curator                               Tel  : +44 1223 494464
EMBL Nucleotide Sequence Database                    Fax  : +44 1223 494468

EMBL Outstation Hinxton, The European Bioinformatics Institute,
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, U.K.
WWW homepage: http://www.ebi.ac.uk