Sequencing of chromosomal breakpoints

Andreas Doll doll at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Mon Jan 31 09:54:21 EST 2000

I want to sequence the breakpoint of a chromosomal translocation
(7,16).Therefore I seperated the derivative chromosomes in a
human-rodent somatic cell hybrid.
Unfortunately I only know the sequence of the chromosome 7 side.
I tried the genome walker kit (clontech) without the promised results (I
found the adapter sequence on both sides but not the specific primer
sequence)how can I increase the supression PCR effect or is there
another way e.g. linear amplification PCR?

Andreas Doll    http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~doll/
                        Medical Center for Human Genetics at the
Philipps University Marburg
                        AG Prof. Grzeschik
                        Bahnhofsstraße 7a
                        D-35037 Marburg