Sequencing of chromosomal breakpoints

Andreas Doll doll at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Mon Jan 31 09:54:21 EST 2000

I want to sequence the breakpoint of a chromosomal translocation
(7,16).Therefore I seperated the derivative chromosomes in a
human-rodent somatic cell hybrid.
Unfortunately I only know the sequence of the chromosome 7 side.
I tried the genome walker kit (clontech) without the promised results (I
found the adapter sequence on both sides but not the specific primer
sequence)how can I increase the supression PCR effect or is there
another way e.g. linear amplification PCR?

Andreas Doll
                        Medical Center for Human Genetics at the
Philipps University Marburg
                        AG Prof. Grzeschik
                        Bahnhofsstraße 7a
                        D-35037 Marburg