Music of the Human Genome

Brent Hugh bhugh at mwsc.edu
Sat Feb 17 00:14:41 EST 2001

To celebrate the recent announcements about sequencing the human genome, I
decided to try making some music from the genetic code.

I downloaded genome sequences from the internet and, using software I
wrote, translated the human genetic code directly into musical notes and
melodies. Then I processed the melodies in various ways using the usual
type of music software. The end result is a trance-like and surprisingly
melodic kind of music.

You can hear "Music of the Human Genome" at

    http://mp3.com/Brent_D_Hugh

The music is free for the listening in near-CD quality MP3 format
(lower-quality, smaller versions are also available, so that modem users
can listen instantly).

--Brent

+++++++++++++++++ Brent Hugh / bhugh at mwsc.edu +++++++++++++++++
+  Missouri Western St College Dept of Music, St. Joseph, MO  +
+            Piano Home Page : http://www.mwsc.edu/~bhugh     +
+   Free MP3 Christmas Music : http://mp3.com/piano           +
++ Music of the Human Genome : http://mp3.com/brent_d_hugh ++++