Music Inspired by Science/Math--New MP3 Station

Brent Hugh bhugh at mwsc.edu
Thu Feb 22 18:31:39 EST 2001

Hello,

I've recently started a new MP3 station devoted to music made from
mathematical and scientific/biological ideas.

Sample tracks already on the station:

    * "Music of the Human Genome" (notes & rhythms derived from the genome
sequence)

    * "Fractal Variations" (a musical "fractal")

    * Piano Etudes by Gyorgy Ligeti (Ligeti was inspired by an
      array of mathematical formulas and sequences)

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop by and take a listen!  (Music is free for
the download in MP3 format.)

    http://www.mp3.com/stations/MathMusic

If you know any tracks that would go on this station or if you know of any
online resources that link music and science/mathematics I would love to
hear about them!  (Visit the station for submission guidelines.)

--Brent

+++++++++++++++++ Brent Hugh / bhugh at mwsc.edu +++++++++++++++++
+  Missouri Western St College Dept of Music, St. Joseph, MO  +
+            Piano Home Page : http://www.mwsc.edu/~bhugh     +
+   Free MP3 Christmas Music : http://mp3.com/piano           +
++ Music of the Human Genome : http://mp3.com/brent_d_hugh ++++